Managing a Distributed Database with StarView
This chapter discusses how to use StarView, a simple forms-based utility, to manage your distributed databases.
Using StarView you can:
- Display all your distributed databases
- Display the nodes, databases, and tables registered in a distributed database
- Display the local database objects that make up a distributed database
- Test the network connections to each node in a distributed database
- Register local tables and views in a distributed database without using the SQL register as link statement
- Remove database objects that you had previously registered in your distributed database
In addition, you can query databases from within StarView with direct access to:
- Ingres Interactive SQL (ISQL)
- The Tables utility
© 2007 Ingres Corporation.
All rights reserved.