»Chapter 10. Supporting the Blogger API
Like LiveJournal, the weblog service Blogger» provides a programmatic interface that's been built with XML-RPC». To allow our users to make use of popular Blogger-compatible tools (Radio, Blogbuddy, w.bloggar, TextRouter), we've added internal support for their API. However, the Blogger API» is currently labeled as ‘experimental and alpha’, and will not be developed further.
The Blogger interface address for a LiveJournal installation is /interface/blogger/».
LiveJournal supports the following Blogger API methods (methods are linked to relevant documentation):
- LiveJournal makes no use of the appkey parameter.
- The Blogger API does not support the use of post titles (subjects). To set a title for your post
include the title wrapped in <title> tags in your post body.
- LiveJournal specific meta data (current mood and music) are supported by including a line consisting of lj-metadatakey: metadata in the post body (e.g. lj-mood: happy).
- The publish parameter is always set true.
- blogger.getUserInfo will return the account's name for both firstname and lastname.
- Due to the differences between Blogger's and LiveJournal's template systems, the blogger.getTemplate and blogger.setTemplate methods are not supported.