- ANIMATION_PROCESS_FIXED = 0 — Process animation on fixed process. This is specially useful when animating kinematic bodies.
- ANIMATION_PROCESS_IDLE = 1 — Process animation on idle process.
An animation player is used for general purpose playback of Animation resources. It contains a dictionary of animations (referenced by name) and custom blend times between their transitions. Additionally, animations can be played and blended in different channels.
Member Function Description¶
Add an animation resource to the player, which will be later referenced by the “name” argument.
- void advance ( float delta )
Used to skip ahead or skip back in an animation. Delta is the time in seconds to skip.
- void clear_caches ( )
The animation player creates caches for faster access to the nodes it will animate. However, if a specific node is removed, it may not notice it, so clear_caches will force the player to search for the nodes again.
- void clear_queue ( )
If animations are queued to play, clear them.
Find an animation name by resource.
Get an Animation resource by requesting a name.
- StringArray get_animation_list ( ) const
Get the list of names of the animations stored in the player.
- int get_animation_process_mode ( ) const
Return the mode in which the animation player processes. See set_animation_process_mode.
- String get_autoplay ( ) const
Return the name of the animation that will be automatically played when the scene is loaded.
Get the blend time between two animations, referenced by their names.
- String get_current_animation ( ) const
Return the name of the animation being played.
- float get_current_animation_length ( ) const
Get the length (in seconds) of the currently being played animation.
- float get_current_animation_pos ( ) const
Get the position (in seconds) of the currently being played animation.
- float get_default_blend_time ( ) const
Return the default blend time between animations.
- float get_pos ( ) const
Return the playback position (in seconds) in an animation channel (or channel 0 if none is provided).
- NodePath get_root ( ) const
Return path to root node (see set_root).
- float get_speed ( ) const
Get the speed scaling ratio in a given animation channel (or channel 0 if none is provided). Default ratio is 1 (no scaling).
Request whether an Animation name exist within the player.
- bool is_active ( ) const
Return true if the player is active.
- bool is_playing ( ) const
Return whether an animation is playing.
Play a given animation by the animation name. Custom speed and blend times can be set. If custom speed is negative (-1), ‘from_end’ being true can play the animation backwards.
Play a given animation by the animation name in reverse.
- void queue ( String name )
Queue an animation for playback once the current one is done.
- void remove_animation ( String name )
Remove an animation from the player (by supplying the same name used to add it).
Rename an existing animation.
Seek the animation to a given position in time (in seconds). If ‘update’ is true, the animation will be updated too, otherwise it will be updated at process time.
- void set_active ( bool active )
Set the player as active (playing). If false, it
will do nothing.
- void set_animation_process_mode ( int mode )
Set the mode in which the animation player processes. By default, it processes on idle time (framerate dependent), but using fixed time works well for animating static collision bodies in 2D and 3D. See enum ANIMATION_PROCESS_*.
- void set_autoplay ( String name )
Set the name of the animation that will be automatically played when the scene is loaded.
Specify a blend time (in seconds) between two animations, referenced by their names.
- void set_current_animation ( String anim )
Set the current animation (even if no playback occurs). Using set_current_animation() and set_active() are similar to calling play().
- void set_default_blend_time ( float sec )
Set the default blend time between animations.
- void set_root ( NodePath path )
AnimationPlayer resolves animation track paths from this node (which is relative to itself), by default root is ”..”, but it can be changed.
- void set_speed ( float speed )
Set a speed scaling ratio in a given animation channel (or channel 0 if none is provided). Default ratio is 1 (no scaling).
- void stop ( bool reset=true )
Stop the currently playing animation.
- void stop_all ( )
Stop playback of animations (deprecated).